Monday, August 16, 2010

Back Links vs. Link Exchanges

When I first began this road to discovery, I kept hearing the words "linking", "backlinking" and "link exchanges". I felt like I was in over my head. I was pleased to get some great advice from John and friends at JGblogging.com. I was surprised to find that Link Exchanges and Backlinks were completely different. Link Exchanging is when you swap with other sites. Kind of a "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" and Backlinking refers to when another site puts your site on theirs as a link.

I also learned that Link Exchanging isn't as great for earning page rank through Google. If you get a site to backlink to your site, it's worth so much more.

Speaking of linking. I am the Strategic Marketing Director for Chrome Battery and we are so excited to begin this journey of being discovered on the internet. The excitement of learning that you have more people visiting your site each day is so rewarding :)


I look forward to sharing with you our daily struggles and accomplishments. If you have any thoughts about what I've written, or if you just want to share your own success stories, feel free! I look forward to hearing from each and every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment